Berlin is not only our dazzling capital, but also one of the most popular European city break destinations. There are so many different corners and a range of leisure activities that offer everything from history to culture to music.
Stroll through the colorful streets, party in a wide variety of clubs, feast your way through German cuisine or try the most exotic dishes in the world, discover the new trends in the music, art, fashion or film scene. No city is as diverse and shaped by the most diverse cultures of the world as our beautiful capital. That’s why you should avoid the typical sightseeing tour and discover Berlin with our top 30 must-see things .
30 things to do in Berlin
1. Visit the large flea market in Mauerpark and watch a great karaoke show. Great atmosphere and great people make this excursion unforgettable.
2. A visit to KaterBlau should be on every to-do list. Good food, beer in the garden and the best DJs in town await you.
3.Treat yourself to a dip in the pool of the Badeschiff Berlin or enjoy a cocktail in the beach club next door.
4. A visit to the Tiergarten should of course not be missed on a trip to Berlin. Incidentally, the park is the largest in the city.
5. Visit the Holocaust Memorial. It was built to commemorate the murder of Jews in Europe during World War II.
6. Drive 200 m upwards and enjoy the 360 ° panoramic view from the Berlin TV tower on Alexanderplatz.
7. Walk once through the Brandenburg Gate, the symbol of Berlin.
8. Attend a classical concert in the Berlin Cathedral.
9. Walk through the Nikolaiviertel, the oldest residential area in Berlin.
10. Get to know Berlin from another side with a boat tour on the Spree.
11. Discover the colorful and lively Simon-Dach-Straße, a well-known street in Friedrichshain. The area is particularly recommended for people on a tight travel budget.
12. Dance until sunrise at Watergate or Berghain.
13. Relax in the Mitte beach bar.
14. Visit the impressive Sanssouci Palace.
15. Treat yourself to a snack in the great restaurant in the Bundestag. From here you have a great view of the city.
16. Stroll across the Gendarmenmarkt and enjoy the unique atmosphere.
17. Checkpoint Charlie should of course not be missing on your visit to the capital.
18. No visit to Berlin without currywurst and kebab! You can find a completely new variant of the fast food trend in Mehringdamm at Mustafa’s Vegetable Kebab.
19. Stroll through one of the most interesting markets in Berlin. You’ll find everything from books to knitted socks on the famous Unter den Linden street.
20. Do you love shopping? Then pay a visit to Germany’s most famous department store. Connoisseurs get their money’s worth on the gourmet floor. And even if you don’t want to buy anything, the KaDeWe is worth a visit.